Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Would someone else who is theoretically within the window of purchasing AppleCare+ try to check their 'Service and Support' coverage page and see?

I purchased this SE from an Apple Store (in US) yesterday, went online - I don't see the option to add coverage. Any tips?

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/Xkhrt

Thanks!

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
You wouldn't just call Applecare on the phone? It's a toll-free call.

I wasn't actually trying to buy today - T-Mobile has some warranty plan that I had to join as a function of the "Get Out of the Red" Promo (at least for one month) and it says that it includes AppleCare+ "benefits." I wanted to see if that was reflected on the iPhone's warranty page (it's not) when I noticed the missing link.

I appreciate your concern, though....

Reactions: CatherineVeraGat

nviz22

Cancelled
Jun 24, 2013
Would someone else who is theoretically within the window of purchasing AppleCare+ try to check their 'Service and Support' coverage page and see?

I purchased this SE from an Apple Store (in US) yesterday, went online - I don't see the option to add coverage. Any tips?

Thanks!

Might have to follow up with the store you went to. Just ask for a "manager" with the automated system so it can get you a live person and you could ask. I believe you're eligible to get Apple Care+ within the first 60 days of purchase. Could be subject to a device inspection too since it's after purchase if in person.

Reactions: CatherineVeraGat

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I wasn't actually trying to buy today - T-Mobile has some warranty plan that I had to join as a function of the "Get Out of the Red" Promo (at least for one month) and it says that it includes AppleCare+ "benefits." I wanted to see if that was reflected on the iPhone's warranty page (it's not) when I noticed the missing link.

I appreciate your concern, though....

Bought an iPhone 7 plus for my business partner at T-Mobile the other day and signed up for their service that is (I think) 11.00 a month, which they said includes AppleCare+. On the checkcoverage Apple site within 2 days it showed his iPhone with AppleCare. Maybe give T-Mobile a call if yours doesn't show up.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Bought an iPhone 7 plus for my business partner at T-Mobile the other day and signed up for their service that is (I think) 11.00 a month, which they said includes AppleCare+. On the checkcoverage Apple site within 2 days it showed his iPhone with AppleCare. Maybe give T-Mobile a call if yours doesn't show up.

I bought the iPhone directly from Apple, though, I just have the T-Mobile warranty - does that change anything (as far as you know)?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I bought the iPhone directly from Apple, though, I just have the T-Mobile warranty - does that change anything (as far as you know)?

So there are really two things here:

1) Your iPhone SE has a standard 1-Year warranty from Apple and you have the option of extending that with AppleCare+

2) You can choose (or not) to purchase the T-Mobile Insurance (which now I believe comes with AppleCare+ included) for I think 11.00 a month. In fact, This in and of itself may have replaced the Assurian plan for the iPhones, as AppleCare+ gives you two incidents of accidental coverage for a small fee.

If you goto checkcoverage.apple.com and enter your serial number you should most certainly see when your warranty expires. If for some reason you don't see your warranty on that site, call Apple and ask them to check for you. I have never had an experience where is didn't appear there.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
So there are really two things here:

1) Your iPhone SE has a standard 1-Year warranty from Apple and you have the option of extending that with AppleCare+

2) You can choose (or not) to purchase the T-Mobile Insurance (which now I believe comes with AppleCare+ included) for I think 11.00 a month. In fact, This in and of itself may have replaced the Assurian plan for the iPhones, as AppleCare+ gives you two incidents of accidental coverage for a small fee.

If you goto checkcoverage.apple.com and enter your serial number you should most certainly see when your warranty expires. If for some reason you don't see your warranty on that site, call Apple and ask them to check for you. I have never had an experience where is didn't appear there.

Right; I checked again, and it still is not appearing on the Check Coverage page, nor is my SO's (whose phone was bought at the same time).

As for T-Mobile - you *have* to have it under the 'Get Out of the Red' promo, but as far as I can tell, only until the refund check comes. It's $15.00, not $11.00, at least as far as I know. But under this PDP Plus Insurance, which (as you noted) claims to include AC+, I don't see any indication that my device specifically has any Apple-provided benefits. You said your coverage page updated?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Right; I checked again, and it still is not appearing on the Check Coverage page, nor is my SO's (whose phone was bought at the same time).

As for T-Mobile - you *have* to have it under the 'Get Out of the Red' promo, but as far as I can tell, only until the refund check comes. It's $15.00, not $11.00, at least as far as I know. But under this PDP Plus Insurance, which (as you noted) claims to include AC+, I don't see any indication that my device specifically has any Apple-provided benefits. You said your coverage page updated?

Yes. We checked the other iPhone a couple of days after it was purchased and it did indeed show that it was enrolled in AppleCare+.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
Yes. We checked the other iPhone a couple of days after it was purchased and it did indeed show that it was enrolled in AppleCare+.

Gotcha! But these iPhones were purchased at the Apple Store? Or directly from T-Mobile?

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Gotcha! But these iPhones were purchased at the Apple Store? Or directly from T-Mobile?

It shouldn't matter either way. And I say that because even when you purchased them from Apple (assuming you bought them on a device payment plan), you had to sign T-Mobile paperwork at the Apple Store, just as you would at a physical T-mobile store.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland

Thanks!

It's not working for me either when I try to purchase it for my Mac mini. The option simply doesn't show up - just the option to view info about how to buy... but then no option to buy.

Reactions: James.K.Polk

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 31, 2015
It shouldn't matter either way. And I say that because even when you purchased them from Apple (assuming you bought them on a device payment plan), you had to sign T-Mobile paperwork at the Apple Store, just as you would at a physical T-mobile store.

Whoops - maybe that's where I'm wrong. I just purchased the phone outright, rather than a payment plan. Absolutely can't stand those.

Regardless, I can just cancel the T-Mob warranty and/or buy AC+ separately. I was just forced onto the PDP+ temporarily so I figured I'd look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.