Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
Hello from Germany!

Today I have bought an iPhone X. I love my "offline" m4a. buyer Music Data, so I had managed my music for years manually.

Now I want to this to my new iPhone X, set to manually synch music in the settings and selected the songs I want, drag and drop it to the iPhone symbol in iTunes, in occures "preparing files" or something like that, step 2 from 3 in synchronising, aaaaaaand thats it. No finishing, no music on my iPhone. Is this bug known in iOS 12? Is this an 10.14 bug?

Please help, thanks.

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes theres some hang up with iOS 12 or macOS 10.14 that holds up the sync process. It's happened to myself and a few others. Your best bet it to wait until the next beta or go back to iOS 11.4 & try to sync it all & then update back to 12. I haven't seen a workaround & I've restored my X a few times trying to fix it.

quadt89

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Hannover, Germany
Yes theres some hang up with iOS 12 that holds up the sync process. It's happened to myself and a few others. Your best bet it to wait until the next beta. I haven't seen a workaround & I've restored my X a few times trying to fix it.
Thanks for your submitting your results, so I guess reset is unnecessary. Damn, had to wait a few days, hoping for Beta 2 ^^

funkdoc23

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Thanks for your submitting your results, so I guess reset is unnecessary. Damn, had to wait a few days, hoping for Beta 2 ^^
After the first reset it works where you can sync music that first go but then it gets stuck again every time after. Try going back to iOS 11.4 syncing everything then once finished re download iOS 12.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.