Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple posted two new iPod games to their iTunes Store today: Sudoku and Royal Solitaire

iLounge provides descriptions and screenshots of the two new iPod games.

Sudoku is a popular logic game and Royal Solitaire includes 10 popular versions of solitaire, including Canfield, Klondike, Peaks, Pyramid, Beleaguered Castle, Aces Up, Yukon, FreeCell, Golf, and Scorpion.

Both titles are available from the iTunes Store for United States, United Kingdom, and certain other European customers; at present, they do not appear to be universally available in international stores. As of press time, Japanese customers can see Royal Solitaire but not Sudoku, while other iTunes Stores such as Canada have neither title available.

Apple first introduced iPod games to the iTunes Store in September.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Playing games on the iPod isn't the greatest thing - the scroll wheel ( at least on mine ) is too inconsistent.

Needs a better input method.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
This is great. Sudoku is just what I've been hoping for! Look for a review on my website later today.

I haven't had any problems using the scroll wheel for the games. Tetris is the trickiest, but most of the others are surprisingly easy to control with a little practice.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
no, not sudoku! so addicting, ill never be able to put down my iPod! but i guess i wont find out until i get home from work! only 7 hours!

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
yay, lets all pay for Solitaire..

How long until iPod doesn't come with games? Just like cell phones used to, and now they dont, I feel the iPod is going in the same direction.

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
c'mon, they should release Pong. Especially if there's ever a Wifi iPod. If not, Centipede would be awesome. Or that Snake game.

Fishes,
narco.

Annndy!

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Halethorpe, MD
I'm still only interested in two or three games so far. I'm really not much for puzzle/card playing games. Bring on some more classic arcade games, Apple! :cool:

teme

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2004
I like these iPod games, because they don't need a long play time... simple and short enough. I have Nintendo DS, but most DS games require too much time. iPod games are great mini games, and it has been great to notice that they all have been very well made so far. The price point is also okay with me, cheaper than many crappy low-quality games for mobile phones.

Annndy!

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Halethorpe, MD
I like these iPod games, because they don't need a long play time... simple and short enough. I have Nintendo DS, but most DS games require too much time. iPod games are great mini games, and it has been great to notice that they all have been very well made so far. The price point is also okay with me, cheaper than many crappy low-quality games for mobile phones.

Try Wario Ware for the DS if you're not happy with the length of most DS games. Fast, quirky and addictive gameplay.

Clive At Five

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2004
St. Paul, MN
yay, lets all pay for Solitaire..

How long until iPod doesn't come with games? Just like cell phones used to, and now they dont, I feel the iPod is going in the same direction.

Well, one, you don't have to buy the games, and two the iPod, as opposed to a cell phone, is an entertainment device.

As soon as someone ports Escape Velocity to iPod, I will be on board.

hahaha, pun intended?? You'll never know!

-Clive

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Warioware is fantastic.

I'm looking for a new DS game... I'm intertested in Starfox, I've already got New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart and Brain Training... Any suggestions?

This iPod gaming thing made me suddenly remember the rumour that Apple might integrate a console into iTV somehow...

But then I thought they'd have had to send out an SDK by now, and SOMEONE would've leaked something about it.... surely...

agentkow

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
Correction to the original post: both games are available in the Canadian store...

iTMSCanada.jpg

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Funny. I bought the Mah Jong game a few hours ago, and I noticed those two games, but thought nothing of it.

Annndy!

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2006
Halethorpe, MD
Warioware is fantastic.

I'm looking for a new DS game... I'm intertested in Starfox, I've already got New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart and Brain Training... Any suggestions?

This iPod gaming thing made me suddenly remember the rumour that Apple might integrate a console into iTV somehow...

But then I thought they'd have had to send out an SDK by now, and SOMEONE would've leaked something about it.... surely...

Animal Crossing: Wild World, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, any of the Castlevania DS games...

Digitaljim

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
*yawn*

Anyone else seriously underwhelmed by all the iPod games? I can't really believe they have the cheek to charge for them. But I suppose other people must not mind mediocrity (perhaps they'd like to consider a Zune for their next mp3 player...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.