Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whiteowl4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
IPod Touch is 4 mths old (under warranty). Battery health is 100% (20 cycles completed) but backup is only 1-1.5 hour if I surf and watch videos. Service centre says since health is 100% they won't do anything. But backup is too less. What are my options?

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
Did you go to the Genius Bar or did you call support? I find that in person they geniuses are more understanding.

whiteowl4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
I went to the service centre and talked to them in person. They said this is discontinued and it can't be opened and there is no option to change the battery since no screws are there. It can only be replaced as per them if they find serious issues which they haven't.
Sounds Stupid, right?

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
I went to the service centre and talked to them in person. They said this is discontinued and it can't be opened and there is no option to change the battery since no screws are there. It can only be replaced as per them if they find serious issues which they haven't.
Sounds Stupid, right?
Not really stupid, just unfortunate by the way they’re designed. The display is glued to the chassis, so to open it is more trouble than it’s worth for them, so they just replace it outright.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
It's a tiny battery, but you can do some stuff to help it.

Turn off iMessage, all background app refreshing, anything that keeps forcing it to call out.

Then understand that it's a 1043mAh battery in 2022 and there's only so much it can do, especially since the A10F in the Touch has the efficiency cores disabled, so it runs the big cores exclusively.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.