Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
Check out http://www.iskin.com they have just released new wild iSkins that now come with a cover for the iPod wheel. Thats awesome, cause lots of people I know have an awesome iSkin that protects great, but the wheel is all scratched up. So this is pretty sweet!

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Wow, those are definitely sweet looking. Can any iSkin owners comment on how they "feel" in your hand? I bought a skin for my 3G iPod at Best Buy for like... $15, and it's rubber/silicon I believe, but it always feels dirty/grimey, and attracts dust and hair like you wouldn't believe.

AnewMac

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2004
The Northern Plains of OK!
Those are cool

Mine attracts dust as well. However, it feels good in my hand and does and an excellent job protecting the screen and case. I always wondered why not cover the scroll wheel? I guess it was b/c they want me to buy 2 iSkins. I will be buying when they ship. :)

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
San Diego, CA
I never quite saw the appeal of iSkins. Sure they protect your iPod, but they look so ugly. But maybe that's just me... :)

Give me a nice, leather case any day.

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
AnewMac said:
The screen wheel protection has to count for something doesn't it. I kind of think they are kinda cool, someone please agree!!!

Fine Im outta here. :eek:

I agree... even if they were ugly as sin (which I dont think they are) the protection of them is great.... have on of these on from day 1, and your iPod will never scratch. A great buy I would say.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
They're good, but my 3 month old iPod has some scratches on the front now because some tiny bits of dirt must have gotten underneath the skin where it exposes the clickwheel. So now my perfect iPod has been scratched:( Also there are a couple of marks left by the screen protector.

Its good but its not pefect. The back is still mint though.

Has anyone tried the brasso thing on the front? I don't wanna do it and have to report back that it obliterated my iPod!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.