Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
helping wife to set up iPads for her staff, this happens every 6 months and never had a problem. they have to use their work email addresses as apple id, set up a free iTunes account and use that to install certain apps including one called citrix which installs all their work stuff.

every time I've set up their account its given me the option to select none as a payment option.

i set the account up using appleid.apple.com

then go to install a free app on the iPad, it asks me to sign in, then verify info, and i do that and i get to the payment page and it offers 'none' as an option.

this time, when i do that i have to select a card whether visa or mastercard etc.....

I've tried going out and back in again. I've tried doing it on my mac.

every time it asks for a card.

i can't use a different login or anything, it HAS to be their work email.

any ideas?

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
helping wife to set up iPads for her staff, this happens every 6 months and never had a problem. they have to use their work email addresses as apple id, set up a free iTunes account and use that to install certain apps including one called citrix which installs all their work stuff.

every time I've set up their account its given me the option to select none as a payment option.

i set the account up using appleid.apple.com

then go to install a free app on the iPad, it asks me to sign in, then verify info, and i do that and i get to the payment page and it offers 'none' as an option.

this time, when i do that i have to select a card whether visa or mastercard etc.....

I've tried going out and back in again. I've tried doing it on my mac.

every time it asks for a card.

i can't use a different login or anything, it HAS to be their work email.

any ideas?

This might help: Why can’t I select None when I edit my payment information?

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
If you are making the account there was a way to choose none from the get go, go into iTunes, click a free app, click download and create an account from there. IDK if they fixed it tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.