Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Hey community -

Since my plans for spending Thanksgiving with my favorite girl got flushed down the toilet, I spent the major part of that holiday weekend creating some tools to analyze my iTunes playlist.

I eventually realized it would be neat to share these tools with the community, so I converted it to a website, added a few tools and a forum.

The site lets you upload your iTunes XML file, which then enables the site to graph your collection by various methods.

It's all quite new, but I thought I'd enlist you guys to help populate the song database a bit before i make a big announcement. It's hard to come up with really interesting reports when I'm only using my library. :)

http://www.itunesregistry.com

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Interesting project. I don't maintain a huge library on my machines, but I uploaded a little just to check it out.

One thing I'd want to see is a better explanation of the diversity and uniqueness ratings and how you relate to others on the My Tracks page.

Nice work! :)

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
wow thats really really cool!

i've posted on here numerous times that I LOVE STATS!!!

i loaded up mine, can't wait till the site gets up and running smoothly with more entries

COOL!!

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
truly phat site. Uploaded my music and it seems to be working great. I can't wait until it gets fleshed out a little more. Great idea!

trebblekicked

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2002
Chicago, IL, USA
wow. so that's what they can do with the web nowadays:) nice job.
i got some errors trying to upload, but i've been having airport issues all week. i'll try again later. looks cool, though.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Thanks guys. I think I have the upload limit at 10M currently. I'll increase it. I guess I also better stick in some anti-hack stuff in there so some clown doesn't upload a script.

I'll get all these things worked out in a week, maybe. These are all growing pains from moving from my powerbook to my main server.

---

looks like i'm having a cookie problem again today. I use the Forum's cookie, which is all packed together in varying ways.

Have patience, and post in that forum. :)

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
We talked about that very thing last night.

Given a title/artist, I could (eventually) provide a ton of stats, such as how many people own it, it's average rating, how many times it has been played, etc...etc...

I think we've got a lot of the major bugs worked out and I'm anxious to get it posted on MacBytes or something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.