Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I just bought an M2 Pro Mini and its my first Mini ever. I'm running a dual 28" 4K monitor setup and everything looks great. I thought I could live with the tiny speaker inside the Mini but it ain't cutting it. So my question is, what are my options for some decent to good speakers? I heard Bluetooth isn't a good option on the Mini so I guess I'd have to use the audio output on the Mini.

Please give me some suggestions or idea(s) on something that works and sounds okay.

Ice-Cube

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
I'm using a bose soundlink mini 2 with my iMac and I'm very pleased with it. It looks like a mini soundbar and takes up very little real estate. I like it so much that i bought another one for my windows setup as well. It connects via bluetooth or aux.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Harman Kardon SoundSticks III that plug into the earphone jack. Unfortunately I don’t think they are still in production so you have to pick used one (eBay). The newer versions no longer use the earphone jack (either BT or USB-not sure which) but I prefer using the 3.5mm headphone jack (doesn’t use up a port and never any lag or drop outs)

IMG_6582.jpeg

tstafford

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2022
I just bought an M2 Pro Mini and its my first Mini ever. I'm running a dual 28" 4K monitor setup and everything looks great. I thought I could live with the tiny speaker inside the Mini but it ain't cutting it. So my question is, what are my options for some decent to good speakers? I heard Bluetooth isn't a good option on the Mini so I guess I'd have to use the audio output on the Mini.

Please give me some suggestions or idea(s) on something that works and sounds okay.
Huge range of options and prices. I'd start by setting a budget and then asking this question again.

If you're willing to spends ~$500, I'd recommend the Kanto YU2 and the 6" sub that pairs with them. They sound and look great.

DDeanG

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2021
Houston TX
I'm using a pair of PreSonus Eris 3.5BT 3.5 Inch powered speakers. 25W/speaker. Great sound quality, lots of input options (1/4", RCA, 1/8" & Bluetooth). Front panel has master volume, 1/8" input, headphone jack and power switch. Flat response but with High/Low adjustments.

I use them as monitors for my guitar modeler & Garageband, music/videos and video games.

If you want more bass, PreSonus also has a matching Subwoofer.

They're $150 on-line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckeee

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2004

What keyboard, mouse, and monitor are you using with the M2?

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
Harman Kardon SoundSticks III that plug into the earphone jack. Unfortunately I don’t think they are still in production so you have to pick used one (eBay). The newer versions no longer use the earphone jack (either BT or USB-not sure which) but I prefer using the 3.5mm headphone jack (doesn’t use up a port and never any lag or drop outs)

View attachment 2335226
You've just sent me on a sentimental journey as I had the SoundSticks II paired to a G5 iMac back in the day.

Visually stunning with that eerie blue light. I recall crystal clear trebles, and a wonderful mid bass with a great roll off. They did lack mid range and the sub was overpowering at times but the rest made up for all that. Mine had a fair collection of insects that entered the vortex and were trapped forever. ;)

Last edited:

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
I can remember seeing those speakers in my local Comp USA back in the day. They looked cool back then and they still look cool today.

eicca

Suspended
Oct 23, 2014
If $500 is the budget then Kali Audio LP8s (or LP6s if you’re pressed for space) are simply unbeatable.

The best way I can describe them is “surround sound with two speakers.”

You’ll hear things you’ve never heard before. They’re mind-blowing.

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
If $500 is the budget then Kali Audio LP8s (or LP6s if you’re pressed for space) are simply unbeatable.

The best way I can describe them is “surround sound with two speakers.”

You’ll hear things you’ve never heard before. They’re mind-blowing.
Near field speakers will always be the winner for such use cases 👍

ozziegn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Central FL Area
Uhhh... okay??? Wasn't quite what I was gonna recommend, but hey, if they work, they work!

Do they at least sound decent?

They actually sound pretty decent considering their size and price. They don't have thundering bass sound but that's okay. I can't expect that for sub $100 speakers.

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.