Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Hello!

Myself and some friends have launched a new Mac gaming podcast called "MacGameCast." The goal is to cover Mac gaming in many ways, from current games to history, culture and tech.

We’re 3 episodes in, with many more planned. So far we’ve talked about:

* The current state of Mac gaming and what's on the horizon.
* Valve’s new Steamdeck hardware and the kinds of gamers we are.
* New game releases and how we we connect through single player and multiplayer games.

Our next episode will be interviewing an indie game dev who made a game on Mac and released it on Steam!

You can find us in many places. Website | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube | Buzzsprout

We are also in all major podcasts directories. Just search for "macgamecast" and we should show up!

Feedback, comments or questions welcome! If you enjoy the show, kindly give it a follow/review/like. Thanks!

Reactions: Homy

Blue Quark

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2020
Probabilistic
To be honest, I'm sort of surprised there's much of anything at this point to talk about in the Mac gaming space. It always seems that it's all about consoles, dedicated PCs, and iOS and Android devices.

Anyhow, best of luck to you three.

Reactions: Washac

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Hello!

Myself and some friends have launched a new Mac gaming podcast called "MacGameCast." The goal is to cover Mac gaming in many ways, from current games to history, culture and tech.

We’re 3 episodes in, with many more planned. So far we’ve talked about:

* The current state of Mac gaming and what's on the horizon.
* Valve’s new Steamdeck hardware and the kinds of gamers we are.
* New game releases and how we we connect through single player and multiplayer games.

Our next episode will be interviewing an indie game dev who made a game on Mac and released it on Steam!

You can find us in many places. Website | Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Youtube | Buzzsprout

We are also in all major podcasts directories. Just search for "macgamecast" and we should show up!

Feedback, comments or questions welcome! If you enjoy the show, kindly give it a follow/review/like. Thanks!

Wumpus, is it audio and video or just audio?

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
To be honest, I'm sort of surprised there's much of anything at this point to talk about in the Mac gaming space. It always seems that it's all about consoles, dedicated PCs, and iOS and Android devices.

Anyhow, best of luck to you three.
We are in a definite lull - especially since early 2020. But there’s always something interesting to chat about I say. I don’t expect anything to pick up until end of the year or early 2022. Have to wait and see!

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
I’m listening to the first episode now. I think I remember your voice from a YouTube video about GFN some time ago.

Are you guys open to topic suggestions?
Yes open to suggestions! We’ve received a few over at the IMG forum too.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Yes open to suggestions! We’ve received a few over at the IMG forum too.

Here are a few for you guys:

1. Are you as confident as Max Tech about the future of Windows game compatibility on M1 via MoltenVK?

2. And Max Tech’s discussions about Apple’s master plan for the M1x?

3. and here:

4. Ray-tracing on MacOS?

Last edited:

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
Here are a few for you guys:

1. Are you as confident as Max Tech about the future of Windows game compatibility on M1 via MoltenVK?

2. And Max Tech’s discussions about Apple’s master plan for the M1x?

3. and here:

4. Ray-tracing on MacOS?
Great questions. We’ve actually had some private discussion on this but it would make for a great episode or two. Thanks! May not show up for a few episodes down the line since we already have things mapped out.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Great questions. We’ve actually had some private discussion on this but it would make for a great episode or two. Thanks! May not show up for a few episodes down the line since we already have things mapped out.

Hey, no worries! I'm caught up now with your episodes, and I like what you're doing with it. It reminds me of a better-produced TUAW Talkcast from back in the day!

Can't wait to see what you talk about next.

Reactions: TheGreatWumpus

poked

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2014
I’d love a video podcast about this too, since I’m not really keen on just audio. But that would take a bit of a logistical step, so if you guys ever do video as well as audio, I’d be interested. Good luck!

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont
I’d love a video podcast about this too, since I’m not really keen on just audio. But that would take a bit of a logistical step, so if you guys ever do video as well as audio, I’d be interested. Good luck!
Some of us are on Discord video while we record, but not all the hosts. We're just chilling in our rooms, so it isn't a video session that's necessarily presentable or podcast like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.