Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
With the new unibody, has anyone else noticed that the CD-ROM drive is VERY LOUD? It sounds like an airplane or something.

MikieMcBikie

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2009
TN
i post only cause i am trying to poilitely correct your use of CD-ROM, and still contribute :p I am getting the latest mini next week for home use, will let ya know if i think it is louder than the previous generation i have been using at work.

Best of Luck :)

indg

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
for the couple DVDs i tried, it didn't seem any louder than the typical mac slot drives. i haven't tried any CDs or CD-Rs though, which tend to spin faster (up to 24x), so may be a little louder. unless it's making scratching or grinding noises, or you feel a lot of vibration transferred to your desk, i don't think you need to worry.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
ha. as i was typing "cd-rom" i knew it wasn't right. i decided just to leave it there for kicks. lol

it seems to be only a cd for a canon printer - which i returned anyway. it didn't do it with another cd i used today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.