Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickelbackmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Jonesboro, Arkansas USA
OK, I LOVE this little machine. If I could just get an iSight camera, it would be perfect. Anyways, as you should know, I have some questions:

1. How do I get BootCamp on my Mini?

2. After I get BootCamp (if it's possible), how do I put Windows on the Mini?

3. Will PhotoBooth work with any camera, or just iSight?

:confused: :confused: :confused: 4. I have a Windows PC, Dell Dimension E310. I tried to get the Mini to find it when I connected them both to an Ethernet cable. I don't get what to type. I know it's smb://DIMENSION-E310/sharename. What is a Sharename? That's what I need after that last forward-slash, but I have no idea what it means.

5. Can someone please tell me any other ways I can get the Mini to find my Dell? Or any other ways I can directly send files from my PC to my Mac without emails/burning CD's ?

Thanks!!

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
you will need to share something on your dell first before you can access it from your mini. If you plan on completely disbanding your dell just share drive C and go to smb://DIMENSION-E310/C (asuming the dells name is actually DIMENSION-E310)... as for your bootcamp issues.. I cant help... Im one of those mac purists... dont run windows on my macs (that only means I have PPC macs and cant run windows:D )

oh.. as for your photobooth question, I believe that it should work with any quicktime compatible camera.....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you open the Directory Access utility in the utilities folder on your Mac, and double click the SMB/CIFS entry, and set the workgroup to match the one you've set in Windows on the Dell, you should see it in the Network section of Finder and be able to navigate into it and select a share just like you would on a Windows computer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.