Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
This is according to ThinkSecret.

QUOTE:

"The low-end Mac mini will be upgraded from a 1.25GHz G4 processor to a 1.33GHz G4, while the high-end will see an equally modest bump from 1.42GHz to 1.5GHz. Hard drive capacities are expected to remain the same but will be upgraded from 4,200-rpm drives to 5,400-rpm. The mid-range and high-end models will receive a new AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth module featuring Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. Lastly, the high-end model will see its 4x SuperDrive upgraded to an 8x dual-layer model.

Pricing will remain the same at $499, $599, and $699, sources said."

Now this is what I'd call an update.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Getting there.....

Now just update the graphics and id buy one. Infact id recommend one to friends if it was not for the graphics system. Think i would have liked bigger HDD though as opposed to faster hmm :cool:

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
iGary said:
That's just sad.

iBooks and mini's come with BT and AE.

You have to pay for that **** in a PM.

Ass candles.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I just doesn't make sense, don't you usually add all the extra features to the top of line first?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
wwooden said:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I just doesn't make sense, don't you usually add all the extra features to the top of line first?

If this rumor pans out, the PM will be the only line without BT and AE standard, aside from the eMac.

Just sad. :mad:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Guess arn had this on Page 2 a couple of days ago, this may get him to update it and bump it to the main page.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
A better DVD burner than in the powerbooks o_O

powerbooks really are lacking features compared with the other apple setups. yet i love my powerbook

notheremuch

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2005
I just checked the Applestore's shipping dates and the current models are all 24 hrs. I guess that ends that method of update notification!

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
eva01 said:
A better DVD burner than in the powerbooks o_O

powerbooks really are lacking features compared with the other apple setups. yet i love my powerbook

but such a long time since their last update. I feel really lucky that i brought one when i did. I still have the most modern powerbook yet i've had it for much longer than average update times suggest! Rev D, a good year for powerbook buyers.

Like the sound of the mini updates, makes it easier to convince my family to switch. One by one...

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
I'm with you all...i'm slowly wanting to convert all my computer gear to apple and I would start with a mini, but that piece o crap video card for a desktop just stops me from even thinking about getting one.

Other then the vid card though, if all that stuff pans out, it'd be a sweet update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.