Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly Burrito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2005
I finally bought my first Mac last week. I've had it hooked up to my TV in the living room, but today, my Windows PC's RAM fried the motherboard (I guess it was jealous). So, I brought the mini in my office to hook it up to my NEC Accusync 90 and Konica Minolta PagePro 1350W. However, there are two problems that I hope someone can help me with.

1. When booting the Mini, the display makes a rapid clicking noise like it's going through the resolutions. It will occasionally display a half blue/half garbled screen, then go back to the clicking. Only when I turn the monitor off then on again will it work. When I click Detect Displays (right now it's saying VGA), it goes through the same behavior, but it does detect that it's an Accusync 90. However, the computer effectively freezes then, and force quit does not help. How can I get my Mini to recognize my Accusync without flipping off the monitor every time?

2. The 1350W may be a Windows only printer from what I understand. There are no driver downloads on the site for OS X. However, I've found something that would allow this printer to print in Linux called Min12XXW. The instructions that I've found are for Red Hat. Does anyone know how to install this using OS X?

Any help will be appreciated!
Keith

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Silly Burrito said:
2. The 1350W may be a Windows only printer from what I understand. There are no driver downloads on the site for OS X. However, I've found something that would allow this printer to print in Linux called Min12XXW. The instructions that I've found are for Red Hat. Does anyone know how to install this using OS X?
Try http://www.hinterbergen.de/mala/min12xxw/.

Apparently there are installation instructions in the file you download. I got to that page from here, which might give you some more hints. Looks like it kind of works, but probably still has some bugs and missing features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.