Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
Hey guys I ust got my first macbook yesterday, i was wondering as a new mac user what programs would one recommend? i just bought 4gbs of ram and will be upgrading my HDD soon, my interests included picture editing, torrent clients, and just any apps that one cannot live without. i love this mac!! i wont be returning to a pc at all.

RamenBooko

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Jeez, everyone is going nuts with 4GB of RAM on their MacBook's.

iPhoto, Adium, Transmission, YouControlTunes, Connect360 (if you have an Xbox 360), Toast Titanium, umm....AppZapper, Audacity, iWork, VLC, VisualHub. That's about all I can think of.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2007
Scribbles is a fun and really well-designed drawing app that you just have to try. Handbrake's a great app that lets you rip DVD's and put them on your hard drive. If you have WMA or other files that isn't compatible with Mac, get Switch. It's a wonderful, completely free music converter.

Luzzio

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2008
Malaysia
I bought mine just a week ago too :) Congrats on your purchase.

:( But I'm fidgeting at the possibility that the MB's might be updated this Tuesday. Oh God no.

j3yq

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
Iowa
so what if they release a new update on the macbooks will i be able to return mine and get the new version hat is if tey do an update to the macbooks also i go it at besbuy since i dont have a apple store nowhere near me

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
so what if they release a new update on the macbooks will i be able to return mine and get the new version hat is if tey do an update to the macbooks also i go it at besbuy since i dont have a apple store nowhere near me

I wouldn't worry about it. There's been talk about it for months upon months now. Enjoy your new computer and don't think about it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.