Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Ok, let me say I had a Week 19 macbook and just got my new one this morning... I really am happy to say this is a much better and quicker book by far.... my other had no issues, but the case feels well built and the speakers seem much better.....

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Dang sorry guys...the first was a core and second is a c2d... both 2.0.... what a change.....

My macbook core duo died last week, HDD failure, I also reported the random shutdown problems, and the fact the machine did not like having 2x1gb in it. When it did it would cause the system to lag and slow to a crawl.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they replace the entire laptop for a C2 machine ;)

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
My macbook core duo died last week, HDD failure, I also reported the random shutdown problems, and the fact the machine did not like having 2x1gb in it. When it did it would cause the system to lag and slow to a crawl.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they replace the entire laptop for a C2 machine ;)

I never had any issues with my first macbook, however the speakers semm much better....and the case seems built better...and it super quick !!!! Love this book.....

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
I've got a MacBook Pro, and it's so dog slow, it's pretty pants really. I've got a CoreDuo, and the screen fades out, it floats around 70ºC and above usually, it makes a really irritating high pitched whine, it goes to sleep and then wakes up again later while in the bag & second skin with the lid down (not software related, overheats and drains battery) and there was a dent just by the PC card slot, which has caused the case around it to bulge.

I'm hoping that when I take it over to Apple in Cheltenham they give me a replacement. To me, that seems like more than 3 seperate faults...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.