Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cezza181

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
hey
i was wondering if anyone had any news / guesses about when new Macbooks will be realeased? and when they are do u think there will be a cheaper model or do you think the prices would be the same.... or more expensive?
cheers

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
Nothing has been confirmed, just rumors and speculations right now.

Possible aluminum Macbook/Pros, that's about it...

Roguepirate

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2007
Hearing rumors of thinner and lighter macbooks and the 120gb ipod classic would lead me to believe the size reduction is going to be a result of moving from a 2.5" to a 1.8" HDD for the laptops since 120gb is pretty good for notebook capacity.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Hearing rumors of thinner and lighter macbooks and the 120gb ipod classic would lead me to believe the size reduction is going to be a result of moving from a 2.5" to a 1.8" HDD for the laptops since 120gb is pretty good for notebook capacity.

hahahahahahahaha no.

naraic

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006

I don't think so either, the smaller 1.8" drives are way slower also, only 4200rpm, while compared to 7200 or 5400 rpm for the 2.5" drives. This means boot times are slower and things like converting video will slow down.
A computer can only be as fast as its slowest part... :p

And to answer the original question, if the new models replace the current Macbook, which i believe they will, the price shouldn't change much.

There are a few events approaching that they may be released at. Might be with Leopard in October or else at Macworld in January...
I hope October though...:D

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
i think if they were to go with a thin subnotebook like that it would have solidsate storage insted of a drive

tbig

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
Any NEW MacBook Pro Sightings?

I've read the rumors and am looking forward to the newly design MB/MB Pro [as I do with any newly designed Apple product]. Has anyone seen any online sightings/photos of the new look? I assume not since I have yet to find anything, but with January still 3+ months away, I'd just need a physical fix if I can. THX all -

D4F

Sep 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I have to give big props to members of this forum.
This is probably topic number 19386390826 about same issue and yet everybody nicely replies.

I'm impressed!

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
I have to give big props to members of this forum.
This is probably topic number 19386390826 about same issue and yet everybody nicely replies.

I'm impressed!

That's probably because we are all still excited about the prospect of some lovely new mac goodness. I know I am!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.