Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yeahtyeaht

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Germany
I want a keyboard for my iPad Pro and I want to know if there are new Magic Keyboards coming? I like the design of the actual one but I want a black one.

Actually I have the Logitech K380 but there some problems with reconnecting it with mit iPP. Sometimes (nearly everyday) I have to remove the K380 from my Bluetooth list and repair it.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
We can’t know for sure but the odds are very good that there’ll be a new keyboard and trackpad coming out this year when the new iMac and the new Mac Pro are released.

Now, it all depends on how long you want to wait. My guess is WWDC in June.

Reactions: otozuz

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
You just never know with Apple, that’s the problem. Logic might say one thing but they often defy logic.

They didn’t do a space grey magic keyboard when they released the number pad ones recently, that would have been the obvious time to release them. So maybe this year?

Trackpad wise, I’m not sure what they’d change with a new one, so bit of me thinks you could be in for a long wait.

If you need one, you might as well just buy one. They seem to hold their value ok for a keyboard so you could always sell it on if they do release a new model you’d rather have. Of course, they could release a new model with a worse feel than the current one which is spot on, so who knows, it’s all a bit of a gamble.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.