Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
I know there are several threads about Outlook (and I assume Hotmail) mail issues, but I have not seen this particular issue addressed. Just updated my iphone 6 to IOS 11 two days ago and just noticing this, though it could have been happening prior - just not as much.

This morning when I opened the native mail app, there were only two or three blue dots indicating new mail. But upon closer look, there were tens more without a blue dot that I had not read. Many from yesterday afternoon that I missed!:( I have a number of email accounts coming into the mail app and thought at first it was just my Hotmail that did not acknowledge new mail with a blue dot. But it is not consistent. Sometimes Hotmail has the dot, sometimes it does not. The badge count reflects blue dots, as does UNREAD count. It's pretty annoying. A few times when I have checked there was a blue dot on the top message (not opened) and the dot disappeared as I watched.

So.. anyone else experiencing this issue? I have a iphone 8 coming soon so if this is likely isolated to MY phone, I won't troubleshoot with gusto. Wait until I see if it replicates on the new phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.