Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ked207

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
I have multiple e-mail accounts forwarded to my mobile me account. I have set up rules in iMail to move the incoming messages to different folders on my mobile me account. I have mobile me set up on my iphone, but new messages are not automatically being downloaded to my iphone. I have to manually go to each folder to have it check for mail. Thus I never get alerted about new mail. I have the settings set to push but still need to go in manually to get mail to download.

It works fine online, just not on phone.

Also once I have gone into the folders to have the mail download if there is new mail the number showing the number of new mail does not show up in the "Accounts" list, thus also not on the home page of the iPhone. It is not until I have select the mobile me account that i can see if any folders have new mail (of course after I manually download due to the problem above) Does the number icon on the iphones home page only show up if new items are in my inbox and not if new mail has been moved to folders?

MythicFrost

macrumors 68040
Mar 11, 2009
Australia
Although MM should work just fine, your other mail accounts require Fetch to be turned on I think, mine checks every 15 minutes (fetch set to 15m).

Maybe that might help?

ked207

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2010
I currently have the other accounts still set on my iPhone (still testing mm and do not want to miss any emails) and they are downloading emails fine automatically

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.