Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
ANY solid insider news about new Mac in WWDC 2008?

You just started another potential 400 page thread :p
My contribution - No, I dont' think there would be a case redesign for any of the notebooks. I see a possibility of Apple announcing a shift to Montevina.

BTW, my Penryn MBP is just about 2 weeks old. ;)

Martron

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Well there is the rumor of an update to the MB at least in June. I don't know what the WWDC usually showcases and what the difference is between MacWorld and all the other big events they have. If someone could shed some light on what'st he difference between all these and what is usually announced at each maybe it would help discern if a MB or MBP update is likely?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Think more along the lines of the iPhone. WWDC is set around the release of the iPhone apps, and after all it is a developers conference.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
You just started another potential 400 page thread :p
My contribution - No, I dont' think there would be a case redesign for any of the notebooks. I see a possibility of Apple announcing a shift to Montevina.

BTW, my Penryn MBP is just about 2 weeks old. ;)

I agree with you about the lack of a case redesign. I think Apple will wait for Nehalem in Montevina (Jan., 09) before any case redesign because only then will there be a difference in thermal design. However, I would bet that Apple will follow the pattern from its previous pattern when both the MB and MBP were both Core Duo and had very similar specs - they will update the MBP to Montevina in June, 08, and they will update the MB to Montevina with the better X4500 graphics in Oct./Nov., 08, after the "Back-to-School" program has ended. Then a new design in Jan., 09, to distance the MBP again.

However, I am waiting for new Cinema Displays to make an all-in-one laptop-display purchase with Apple Care to cover both. Here's to hoping for new displays (with Display Port) in April or May. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.