Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
my new macbook air out of the box...scratched to hell...

Attachments

• IMG_0163.jpg
    IMG_0163.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 63

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Ouch WTF. I wonder if Apple will buy that it wasn't his fault. I sure hope that's not the case.

phatcat

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Never had that happen, but my older macbook pro had a power cord with a bunch of dirty fingerprints on it out of the box. I imagine Apple's aware of some factory mishaps. hopefully they'll take care of you.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
apple wanted to replace them machine, but im just getting it repaired because i cant go without my laptop any longer. the repair is quicker for me.

no apple store, the authorized repair center here lets me keep my notebook when the parts are on order and it can just bring it in when they come in.

this way im not stuck with copying all my crap again.

sigh....what a time im having....

ps, i have the line issue also and wireless d/c problems....which ill have to iron out somehow

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
apple wanted to replace them machine, but im just getting it repaired because i cant go without my laptop any longer. the repair is quicker for me.

no apple store, the authorized repair center here lets me keep my notebook when the parts are on order and it can just bring it in when they come in.

this way im not stuck with copying all my crap again.

sigh....what a time im having....

ps, i have the line issue also and wireless d/c problems....which ill have to iron out somehow

The Line issue cannot be "ironed out." I strongly suggest swapping the machine, maybe you will actually get a good one...sadly it's not though.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
The Line issue cannot be "ironed out." I strongly suggest swapping the machine, maybe you will actually get a good one...sadly it's not though.

they can replace the screen,

i cannot financially afford to have this laptop not by me anymore.

im trading alot of stocks and restructuring my portfolio so not having it is killing me....

ill live with the lines for now, buy a new mba when they release a better one.

GeekGirl*

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Stay away from the B and C went back to the A because of it and Love mine. also try Mobile me, just a touch and all info is there.

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
Surely if you have lots of stocks to upkeep, I'm sure you must have some cheapo PC/laptop laying around for temporary usage? If not, find one!

The air is too expensive to be repaired out of the box. With that kinda money you are paying for it, exchanging it for a new one is the only right thing to do.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Surely if you have lots of stocks to upkeep, I'm sure you must have some cheapo PC/laptop laying around for temporary usage? If not, find one!

The air is too expensive to be repaired out of the box. With that kinda money you are paying for it, exchanging it for a new one is the only right thing to do.

no other pc actually, i rely on 1 machine only. might have to buy a mac mini now.

ill have to send this one back...once again...maybe this time ill just the the macbook pro instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.