Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starman27

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I have searched around because I hate being the guy who asks questions that have already been answered, but I didn't find anything, so here it goes. I am saving up to buy a new MB/MB pro, and I was wondering if there was any info circulating about when the next line up of Apple Laptops are supposed to be launched? I don't want to buy a new one just for upgrades to be released two months after that. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
The MacBooks received an update in the Summer but didn't include the Intel Santa Rosa chipset, which was becoming available at the time. Nobody outside of Apple knows for certain, but Apple may* update the MacBook line to include this chipset in late October/early November to get ready for the Christmas buying season. If nothing happens by then though, the next update probably won't be until January.

To be honest I think this graphic sums up what you need to think about :)

Untitled.png
*speculation on my part.

Quiara

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
I have searched around because I hate being the guy who asks questions that have already been answered, but I didn't find anything, so here it goes. I am saving up to buy a new MB/MB pro, and I was wondering if there was any info circulating about when the next line up of Apple Laptops are supposed to be launched? I don't want to buy a new one just for upgrades to be released two months after that. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks all.

This -has- been asked. People speculate that there will be an update with Leopard (ultrathin MBP), or right before Christmas, or at MWSF, or even at the Paris Expo (though it's a bit late for that one now, isn't it?). Anyway, the short answer is "nobody knows." If you need a laptop now, get one now. If you feel like testing the waters and waiting a bit? Go for that.

jediistar

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2007
I'm in the exact same boat as I too want to make a macbook purchase but have been holding out for leopard. The rumors floating around of course attract my attention not for size but for possible "touchpad" changes etc.

Whats available right now is perfect for my usage,both for browsing and school related activity. I love the shop and the screen size being 1' bigger than what I am using right now in my dell 700m is perfect, an extra inch of screen real estate would be great.

I don't know if its worth holding out because I'm ok with whats available, sans leopard for the moment. I really want to purchase before the holiday season but without concrete information as to what is coming and when its going to be tough for all of us to make a purchase.

I suppose at some point I may just pull the trigger and buy something and if something great comes out a few months later I'll just ask apple for a gift card, haha just kidding.

OP...I feel your pain, let me know what you decide.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada

Seriously? Did you honestly even try ONE search? Can you honestly say you even bothered to look at page one of the MacBook & Macbook Pro forum page?

Why does everyone do that. At least just say "I'm too lazy to search but..." instead of the same old stupid "I looked really hard guys but yadda yadda".

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
Seriously? Did you honestly even try ONE search? Can you honestly say you even bothered to look at page one of the MacBook & Macbook Pro forum page?

i was thinking the same thing, but looking, i dont see any "new macbook" threads on page one (there is a "new macbook pros" thread), there are also about 347 new macbook threads scattered throughout the entire macbook / macbook pro forum however...

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
The MacBooks received an update in the Summer but didn't include the Intel Santa Rosa chipset, which was becoming available at the time. Nobody outside of Apple knows for certain, but Apple may* update the MacBook line to include this chipset in late October/early November to get ready for the Christmas buying season. If nothing happens by then though, the next update probably won't be until January.

To be honest I think this graphic sums up what you need to think about :)

*speculation on my part.

Marked for future use! Well done!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.