Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BBB180

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Canada
I'm fairly new to Mac, and I love my new iMac, but I'm looking for a portable computer...similar to a laptop, but without a screen as I need a large screen for my 3D work. I have 3 independent offices that I work between and would like a portable computer that stores ALL my files, as I am constantly forgetting or needing files from another computer.

Is the Mac Mini Server the answer for me, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You could use that Mac, but you have to plug it in and out at every place you want to use it, but that might not be that hassle-some anyway.

But if you want to run 3D applications, the 320m GPU might not be that fit for that. Look into the requirements for your applications and see if the 320m is supported or in the same realm as the supported and required GPUs.

What applications are you talking about?

BBB180

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Canada
You know that you can plug an external screen into any macbook (pro) right?

Yes, I do that now with my existing laptop, and have considered the Macbook Pro too. The size of the Mini is so appealing, but the video card may be an issue as someone else pointed out. I'll look into that.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.