Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Just got a new 1.83 Mini today, seems like these ones come with somewhat uglier (but probably more sensitive) antennas. Hopefully they will use better antennas in the other aluminium clad machines (like the MBP) when the time comes for them to be speed bumped :)

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
generik said:
Just got a new 1.83 Mini today, seems like these ones come with somewhat uglier (but probably more sensitive) antennas. Hopefully they will use better antennas in the other aluminium clad machines (like the MBP) when the time comes for them to be speed bumped :)
i havnt seen a mini in a while can you post pics?

generik

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Urgh, I just closed it up.

The new antennas are "Tyco" brand, not sure if it means anything to people who are familar with these components :cool:

Reimer

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
nice to know.. I ordered a mini myself on Friday. My first Mac :)

I suppose these fix the previous airport problems I read some people complaining about

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
generik said:
You need to be giving us a review of that new 1.83 Mini. We would like to hear more, your specs, thoughts etc.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
generik said:

.......and? lol Is it better or worse than previous Minis?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.