Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
I'll be the first to admit that a flagship smartphone has become so vital to my lifestyle/work-style routine that I'm positively obsessed with having some (ones not enough) that fit my every requirement. I've bought so many new smartphones since the advent of platform it's crazy.

Android is continually rising to the top as my favorite, amazingly capable OS.

MOTO X Pure? Mine is 75 days old today... I'm 100% happy, thrilled actually.

Make no mistake... I enjoy iPhones, buying several at each refresh.

But for my demanding usage that involves far more than most users bother with, nothing is as fast, fun and reliable.

Thanks MOTO ! :D

Reactions: jamezr

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I got the X Force ... It's a nice phone, built like a tank. A little chunky and you have to get over the bezels on the sides, but it is a nice device. Battery life is promising, the 3750 mAh seems to have plenty of juice.

Performance is great as you'd expect with stock Android and the 810 processor.

Runs much cooler than my previous X Style.

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Beating on an old thread. Very curious about the X Force. Give us some more details. I really want one, but the Moto X Pure is still working just fine. Still an excellent phone, running Marshmallow, voice commands because of my driving, email, twitter, wifi diagnostic tools and phone. Still does those things extremely well.

I got the X Force ... It's a nice phone, built like a tank. A little chunky and you have to get over the bezels on the sides, but it is a nice device. Battery life is promising, the 3750 mAh seems to have plenty of juice.

Performance is great as you'd expect with stock Android and the 810 processor.

Runs much cooler than my previous X Style.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Beating on an old thread. Very curious about the X Force. Give us some more details. I really want one, but the Moto X Pure is still working just fine. Still an excellent phone, running Marshmallow, voice commands because of my driving, email, twitter, wifi diagnostic tools and phone. Still does those things extremely well.

Whilst the force does look like the slightly chubbier and less attractive twin of the Moto X Pure, it does amend the issues I had with that device, however it introduces things that aren't as good too.

The Snapdragon 810 runs a lot cooler than the Moto X Pure's 808 consistently.

Likewise whereas if get an average 3 hrs SOT max with the Pure, the Force is giving me around 6 hours SOT. So nearly double.

The speaker is loud and clear but I do miss the stereo speakers on the Pure. Likewise the Amoled screen on the Force whilst on one hand is better for battery life and moto display - it's white balance is quite poor compared to the Pure. The Force veers way too much towards a yellow tint whereas the Pure had much cleaner neutral whites.

So yeah it's swings and roundabouts. Neither is perfect, but I'm happy enough with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.