Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacWorks916

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2015
I own a small business that is an all Mac shop with everyone using MacBooks. Several weeks ago I replaced our NAS backup drive with a new one (BUFFALO LinkStation 710). I was able to get everyone but one MacBook to backup to it. It just keeps saying waiting to do first backup.

The MacBook is maybe a year old and running 13.6.4. There are two users, me as admin and the employee as standard user. Regardless what account I log into I can see the drive I've added previously but it won't backup to it. I've tried removing the drive and adding it again with the correct users name and password, so it completes adding it.

With all this said what should I try next? Is there a terminal command to nuke Time Machine as the only thing I can think of is some bug in Time Machine that's preventing the one computer from backing up. Again, all other MacBook are backing up automatically as scheduled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.