Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

State of you new Penryn MB

• Works Flawlessly

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • A few bugs but I can live with it

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Have serious issues - might send back to Apple

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Major Issues - will be sending back to Apple

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

Etrain

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Land of Cleve
I saw this poll on the MBP forum and decided it was a good idea to do the same for the MB since I'm still undecided on which to buy.

Please state your opinions also! :)

KompleX

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2008
Downey, CA
i've had my lovely penryn whitebook for two weeks now and it has served me flawlessly. the hardware is impeccable and the software is the same. although, safari did freeze on me once, and had it frozen more than that or any other apple program, i would of opted for the "a few bugs" option.

so yes, my macbook is kick ass! :cool:

aribter

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
no problems on my white macbook 2.4 so far, have had it for 2 weeks now, capturing, editing video on ilife.

TonyL08

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Everything works beautifully. No noise except when playing a game and the fans ramp up. Only my screen is the worst I've ever seen. It can't dither colors properly at all. When I pull down a menu or the background is white or just light, there is a grid of dots or something. I think I've seen some people call it grainy and I'd agree. Like sand makes up the back of the screen.

I bought it at Amazon and I'm waiting on a replacement.

asrmatt

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2006
Rome, Italy
I've had mine for two weeks now, and it's simply perfect.
Really really happy about it.

I had a iMac G5 and white iBook G4
It's my first intel mac and really it's a joy to use :)

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
I ran mine under full CPU usage for 20 hours yesterday (and doing the same thing now as a matter of fact) doing some Cinema 4D renders, and its not skipped a beat.

Can't think of a single issue as of yet, other than the issues w/ scratches and the display, which I knew going in.

skiesforme

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
I only counted hardware as a factor.
Safari does crash at times. I think it also causes some kind of memory leak leading to a stall in the OS. But I should also mention here that I am on webkit 3.1 (beta). So I won't complain for some bugs.

TygerMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
New Hampshire
Had mine for 1 week today! It's simply amazing. It can handle anything that you can throw at it! Great computer, recommend to anyone and everyone!

jassco2

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
Boston, MA
New 2.4 Blackbook hardware is great but the software....issue is that all .mpeg or .mpg videos in quicktime have an odd random pulse flashing to them during playback. This happens in player and plugin and with embeded web videos too. I have disabled mpg playback in quicktime and use VLC. But still annoying with an out of the box issue like that. I have tried to reinstall and use various codecs several times after receiving this issue on the out of box first power up with nothing additional installed. I cannot find anything about this issue anywhere, but perhaps I haven't searched enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.