Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hi all, I've been using my watch for more than 10 days (16 days to be exact) and today I am supposed to get the New Record Achivement from breaking previous record of calories burned.

To be exact, I burned 569 calories a week ago and today I burned 600 calories (it's currently 8:55PM as I make this thread) so I am supposed to be awarded the achievement right? Can someone clarify if it's calorie burned specifically from Workout sessions or just calories burned throughout my daily activities (including Workout sessions)?

This is the description of the award:
  • New Record: Set a new personal record for most calories burned in a day after your first 10 days using the Apple Watch.
Do I perhaps need to wait until 12AM to get the badge? Can someone please help me?

Thanks a lot all!

Last edited:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
The awards are exercise specific. For instance, did you run outside both times using the Workout: Outdoor Run app?

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
The awards are exercise specific. For instance, did you run outside both times using the Workout: Outdoor Run app?

I chatted with Apple Support and they said the calories burned would be throughout the day, not exercise specific.

Are you positively sure that to get the achievement you need to break the record of calories burned on Workout sessions after 10 days?

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
IMG_0989_zpslyxkuabq.jpg

IMG_0990_zpsmtvkjlq9.jpg

[doublepost=1460804646][/doublepost]Actually after looking there is one you may get called the MOVE goal (so many of them). However I think you only get this if/when you change your MOVE goal higher and exceed it?????

IMG_0991_zpsf9zttrtk.jpg

Last edited:

DC Wallaby

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2014
Hold on, folks. You're getting the Move Record and the Exercise Record confused. The OP's description makes it clear that it's the Exercise Record (silver medal with a green ring), which is based on minutes of exercise. There is also, of course, the Move Record (silver medal with pink ring).

Either way, the medal should show up either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Hold on, folks. You're getting the Move Record and the Exercise Record confused. The OP's description makes it clear that it's the Exercise Record (silver medal with a green ring), which is based on minutes of exercise. There is also, of course, the Move Record (silver medal with pink ring).

Either way, the medal should show up either tonight or tomorrow morning.
You are correct. There is just so many of these showing up all the time that it can be confusing.

IMG_0992_zpsxx59hxmw.jpg

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Hi all, yes the ones in silver and red/green rings are the one that I am asking.

Anyway, The Apple Support person told me to try resetting the watch (I reset my phone too) but the achievement award still didn't come.

However, she also suggested me to unpair and repair the watch and after I did that, suddenly I received those two achievements.

Strange thing is, it said I got it from my activity on Friday, which all of sudeen has 690 calories burned and 49 mins of exercise, which is inaccurate (It's supposed to be 300-400 calories and 30-ish before I repair my watch). But that is that.

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Hi all, I've been using my watch for more than 10 days (16 days to be exact) and today I am supposed to get the New Record Achivement from breaking previous record of calories burned.

To be exact, I burned 569 calories a week ago and today I burned 600 calories (it's currently 8:55PM as I make this thread) so I am supposed to be awarded the achievement right? Can someone clarify if it's calorie burned specifically from Workout sessions or just calories burned throughout my daily activities (including Workout sessions)?

This is the description of the award:
  • New Record: Set a new personal record for most calories burned in a day after your first 10 days using the Apple Watch.
Do I perhaps need to wait until 12AM to get the badge? Can someone please help me?

Thanks a lot all!

Give it a few days. My awards have been arriving between a day and 3 days late. Has to be a bug in the software as it's happening to a number of us.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Give it a few days. My awards have been arriving between a day and 3 days late. Has to be a bug in the software as it's happening to a number of us.

Thanks, at least I know it didn't happen to me only. I did get the award after unpairing and repairing the watch, though.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Yes, there is a bug in 2.2 that is causing a delay in achievements. I'm getting my longest move streak to popup once every 5-6 days. Its keeping track of everything, but definitely delayed.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, there is a bug in 2.2 that is causing a delay in achievements. I'm getting my longest move streak to popup once every 5-6 days. Its keeping track of everything, but definitely delayed.
And sometimes the achievement shows up on the phone but there's no notification on the watch that you gained that achievement. Luckily for me, the longest move streak achievement notification shows up instantly on my watch whenever I achieve it.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
And sometimes the achievement shows up on the phone but there's no notification on the watch that you gained that achievement. Luckily for me, the longest move streak achievement notification shows up instantly on my watch whenever I achieve it.
I wish I could say the same :(

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I was just awarded my 100 day move goal after 54 days. Things are seriously whacky. Meanwhile longest move has updated in 4 days.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
I was just awarded my 100 day move goal after 54 days. Things are seriously whacky. Meanwhile longest move has updated in 4 days.
maybe you should try unpairing and re-pairing your watch, it did fix the issue I originally posted on my end.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
maybe you should try unpairing and re-pairing your watch, it did fix the issue I originally posted on my end.
Done that about 30 times. Which is why I think I've been awarded the 100 day so early. Every time I have unpaired and repaired was after all my goals were done for the day. So upon restoring it would pop up saying you beat all three goals.

realpras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2013
Done that about 30 times. Which is why I think I've been awarded the 100 day so early. Every time I have unpaired and repaired was after all my goals were done for the day. So upon restoring it would pop up saying you beat all three goals.

I could be wrong, but perhaps the 100 Move Goals award (notice there's no "Day" there) can be achieved when you reach your daily Move goal 100 times, not necessarily has to be in 100 days.

The description: Earn this award when you reach your daily Move goal 100 times.

For example, if your daily move goal is 300 and you burn 600 calories in a day, it will be counted 2. So, in your case, maybe you've burned 100*your daily Move goal within 54 days.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I could be wrong, but perhaps the 100 Move Goals award (notice there's no "Day" there) can be achieved when you reach your daily Move goal 100 times, not necessarily has to be in 100 days.

The description: Earn this award when you reach your daily Move goal 100 times.

For example, if your daily move goal is 300 and you burn 600 calories in a day, it will be counted 2. So, in your case, maybe you've burned 100*your daily Move goal within 54 days.

I think you may be right! I was thinking that too but it's good to know someone else thinks that may be the case as well. Thank you for that. Much appreciated.

Neverneve

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
I know this is kind of old thread but recently I've got Apple Watch S2 and have similar problem like @realpras.
It seems like I can't get the very same badges/achievements like OP.

Today I pushed myself so hard just to see if I will get those badges (it's second time I didn't get them) and no luck. I've got my badge for 200% but not for "New Move Record" (pink circle with silver). I've also got ones for Perfect Week (Move/Stand/Exercise/All Activity) but not for "New Exercise Record" (green circle) which is really weird cause Watch recorded 181 minutes of exercise.

I rebooted Watch and unpaired and paired again just like suggested above — no achievements/badges I want just for "Longest Move Streak".

Ideas whats wrong? I know these are just pictures but I kind of want to get them all, I love games and this feels like one.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I know this is kind of old thread but recently I've got Apple Watch S2 and have similar problem like @realpras.
It seems like I can't get the very same badges/achievements like OP.

Today I pushed myself so hard just to see if I will get those badges (it's second time I didn't get them) and no luck. I've got my badge for 200% but not for "New Move Record" (pink circle with silver). I've also got ones for Perfect Week (Move/Stand/Exercise/All Activity) but not for "New Exercise Record" (green circle) which is really weird cause Watch recorded 181 minutes of exercise.

I rebooted Watch and unpaired and paired again just like suggested above — no achievements/badges I want just for "Longest Move Streak".

Ideas whats wrong? I know these are just pictures but I kind of want to get them all, I love games and this feels like one.

Its possible there is a day or two delay. I have experienced this many times in the past, but it does eventually correct itself and catches up.

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
Me and my wife get the awards instantly when they are due. Got several today as we each completed a perfect week with all 3 rings plus the longest move streak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.