Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poteck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Last week i bought a "Runcore 64GB 1.8" PATA ZIF Pro IV Solid State Drive SSD for Macbook Air - Rev A" to mydigitaldiscount.

The last one that had resolve the ZIF issue. Ok now some users that bought these one have a new unresolved issue, sleep or hibernate HANG the notebook. :mad:

It works flawlessly for normal operation, but if we close the lid or hibernate, it hangs the system 2/4 times. Apparently it cause an IOATA block error. :(

Be careful if you plan to buy one of the Runcore rev.a disks it does not work as expected in the Macbook air Rev.A 1,6 GHZ.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Before posting negative information, I would encourage you to contact the company and see if there's something wrong or you did something wrong installing it (darn near impossible as it's simple to install).

I just upgraded to the Runcore 128 GB SSD in my v 2,1 MBA 2.13 GHz a couple of days ago.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY! It's an INCREDIBLE SSD far surpassing the lackluster stock SSD. Actually, the Runcore has definitely proven that it's a great value and perfect way to refresh an expensive MBA with a great update.

If I were the OP, I would call the manufacturer of the Runcore and ask if there's a simple fix before posting very negative information. I ask what kind of troubleshooting or even if the way it was installed could have caused this. I believe in the company and the Runcore.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE RUNCORE AND WILL RELEASE MY OWN REVIEW OF THE RUNCORE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

I encourage people to consider all of the positives. Runcore even has its own account here at MacRumors and responds to customers extremely quickly and publicly.

The Runcore is a great way to update your MBA, speed up a replacement to an HDD or even upgrade the SSD to a 3x faster SSD.

poteck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Scottsdale, i didn´t said nothing different from what i see in my Macbook air rev.A 1.6GHZ. As you told us, it´s not the same machine. What i recommend is to not buy the disk until RUNCORE say something on the question. If you read the runcore support forum you could see that it´s not a single fail in one computer. There are lot of people with the same issue, not only in mac, in pc too. So don´t tell me what to say about Runcore, because someone that want to buy the disk could known the truth, pro and cons at the present time. And the facts are that the indilinx controller or the firmware have some bugs now.

I HIGHLY DON´T RECOMMEND THE RUNCORE UNTIL THEY RESOLVE THE SLEEP MODE ISSUE ON THE MACBOOK AIR REV.A 1,6 GHZ!!

One more thing, I´m computer engineer, you know, those mans who plays with software hardware and so on. Don´t tell me how to install, plug or setup my Mac, I think i could do it at my own.

Regards..

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Before posting negative information, I would encourage you to contact the company and see if there's something wrong or you did something wrong installing it (darn near impossible as it's simple to install).

I just upgraded to the Runcore 128 GB SSD in my v 2,1 MBA 2.13 GHz a couple of days ago.

IT WORKS PERFECTLY! It's an INCREDIBLE SSD far surpassing the lackluster stock SSD. Actually, the Runcore has definitely proven that it's a great value and perfect way to refresh an expensive MBA with a great update.

If I were the OP, I would call the manufacturer of the Runcore and ask if there's a simple fix before posting very negative information. I ask what kind of troubleshooting or even if the way it was installed could have caused this. I believe in the company and the Runcore.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE RUNCORE AND WILL RELEASE MY OWN REVIEW OF THE RUNCORE IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

I encourage people to consider all of the positives. Runcore even has its own account here at MacRumors and responds to customers extremely quickly and publicly.

The Runcore is a great way to update your MBA, speed up a replacement to an HDD or even upgrade the SSD to a 3x faster SSD.

That's great, I can't wait for the review. How was the install?

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Sleep issue

Guys it is true there is a strange sleep hibernate issue with the Rev A SSD in 1.6ghz rev A's. Not confirmed but maybe not all Rev A 1.6Ghz because to date we have seen this problem with around 5 people but we have sold 150-200 units. I asked for people to speak up who have bought the drive for this particular computer and are not having this issue but as of yet no one is responding. It appears the problem is not happening to people with any other MBA's.

This problem is a problem that we are looking into very closely. Indilinx has been informed and I am waiting on them to send a more thorough response. At this time they are trying to find out what is causing the issue.

I would like to point out that by turning hibernate and sleep off or using the work around that our wonderful support forum user poteck himself worked hard on http://tinyurl.com/yg3msp5 you can enjoy the drive flawlessly. I know that this is not perfect but there has not been one person yet that has run into this issue and would send the drive back even if the problem does not get fixed. It transforms the MBA into something out of a movie and that is not an over exaggeration.

Matt Dawson
Runcore

poteck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Dear Scottsdale,

SARCASTIC MODE ON::

Thanks for your comment, how the hell it doesn´t occurs to me to reinstall the OSX from scratch!!! Oh man you are the one. THANKS A LOT.

::SARCASTIC MODE OFF

If you are going to help or give us any comment or support relative to the issue, give it to us, in other case, please stay apart.

regards.

PD: Thank you guys at RUNCORE for the hard work in the macbook air rev.A. Hope to have a fix soon.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Dear Scottsdale,

Thanks for your comment, how the hell it doesn´t occurs to me to reinstall the OSX from scratch!!! Oh man you are the one. THANKS A LOT.

If you are going to help or give us any comment or support relative to the issue, give it to us, in other case, please stay apart.

regards.

PD: Thank you guys at RUNCORE for the hard work in the macbook air rev.A. Hope to have a fix soon.
There's no need to be a jerk about it.

Scottsdale was just trying to help. The fact that you had already come to the same conclusion doesn't invalidate that. It's amazing what a little patience can do. :)

Wasabi420

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
Sleep issue

Hi I also purchased a Runcore 64 GB SSD from MDD and it had the same sleep issue. I read the workaround and have applied the changes. The sleep issue happens after 3 or more hours in sleep mode. Will test and post results tomorrow.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Dear Scottsdale,

regards.

Look, if the issue is rare, it could be a simple Snow Leopard install issue. Doesn't that make sense? I honestly was trying to come up with a solution not piss you off.

I do think it's usually wise to hold off PUBLIC CRITICISM until you have attempted actually troubleshooting and have contacted the company's support and have exhausted any hope of rectifying the problem.

I have installed a Runcore SSD, and it's AMAZING! I highly recommend it to anyone with an MBA.

ltsching

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2008
Backorder

I am so glad I found this thread. I was away for business the last two weeks and my stock 80G HHD crashed while traveling. The Runcore 128G SSD for Rev. A MBA would be a perfect replacement! However, I see on Mydigiitaldiscount website that it is backordered. Matt from Runcore, do you have any idea when the new stock will come in? I have had good experience with MDD (Runcore for my hackintoshed Dell Mini9 and the extended battery) so would like to buy from you guys again. Thanks.

poteck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
As always writing out of the topic, please scott limit your comments to the TOPIC of the thread. AutoMarketing of your wonderfultastically review not here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.