Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Just plugged my new Samsung T-7 SSD 500 (non-touch) into my 2015 MacBook Air running Monterey. The light on the SSD case comes on steady and the case warms up slightly, but the SSD does not appear in Finder, on the Desktop or through Disk Utility. Tried switching ports. Tried restarting. Did connect a flash drive to the MacBook and that works fine. Tried contacting Samsung 24/7 help desk but they don't help with SSDs 24/7. Wanted to use new SSD and new CCC to clone hard drive today. Looks like that isn't going to happen.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Problem solved! After some more really squirrelly symptoms, Apple Care sorted it out! Turned out to be a iffy usb connection on the Samsung SSD. It is really touchy. If that problem continues I will be looking at getting it warrantied for another with a sounder connection.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Does the t7 have a cable which disconnects from "the drive end"?

If so, try A DIFFERENT cable.

If the cable disconnects, "swap the ends" around. Worth a try.

jparker402

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2016
Bellevue, NE
Yes, a different cable will be the first plan of action. The one I am using came with the SSD, and is the one that USBA on one end and USBC on the other.

Fishrrman, I do have some CCC-related questions in on conversation now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.