Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrcarter2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2013
Interesting new feature in Yosemite, you can now share your screen with someone you're iMessaging with, or request for them to share their screen with you. I found this feature by playing around in the messages. Just go to a message thread and click the "Details" button up by the contacts and this option will appear. I'd love to try out the feature but I have nobody else in my contacts with Yosemite installed

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 195

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Interesting new feature in Yosemite, you can now share your screen with someone you're iMessaging with, or request for them to share their screen with you. I found this feature by playing around in the messages. Just go to a message thread and click the "Details" button up by the contacts and this option will appear. I'd love to try out the feature but I have nobody else in my contacts with Yosemite installed

been there for a while:
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12036

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
It's been a part of iChat/Messages for a while, but they made it much easier to access.

Nice catch, it's better than the drop down window access. :)

matt2053

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2012

It does not work with iMessages. Only Google Talk, Jabber, and AOL Chat.

mrcarter2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2013
It's been a part of iChat/Messages for a while, but they made it much easier to access.

Nice catch, it's better than the drop down window access. :)

Seems like you're right. On second thought, this might've appeared because I just enabled my hangouts account to work in the messages app. Funny thing, literally RIGHT after I posted this thread iDownloadblog made an article with the same find and they weren't aware of it either

meme1255

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2012
Czechia
They MUST NOT kill XMPP/Jabber support (Facebook chat, iMessages and two additional XMPP servers in one app ..) :(. You might not need it, but there are others who do, for example me.

Intelligent

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2013

Has been around since like leopard or even earlier through iChat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.