Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Finally. I'll be testing it tonight and posting a full report. The 0.10 version was where I started and that had ISSUES... but the .11 has been almost flawless. I'll go grab 0.12.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
StarbucksSam said:
Finally. I'll be testing it tonight and posting a full report. The 0.10 version was where I started and that had ISSUES... but the .11 has been almost flawless. I'll go grab 0.12.

I really hope Skype support Video next year so we can have a realiable and popular cross platform video talk application

mattroberts

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2003
Canada
I agree, but i would expect Video to be in beta before the end of next year. But not for us Mac users - mid-2006 wil probably when our current skype gets out of beta. :rolleyes:

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Nah, they aren't AIM. They won't leave us in the dust for years on end. BASTARDS. LOL... we haven't had an AIM update since Neil Armstrong landed on the moon.

Santaduck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Honolulu
is Skype as good as its hype, or even half as good as its hype?

I've read in Skype-crazy blogs that Skype is supplanting text IM in many businessworld circles. Is that true? Or just in certain communities?

also:
1) what is 56K performance
2) how hard is it *really* to pay for, and dial from skype to phone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.