Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rye9

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New York (not NYC)
OK, well today I went to an Apple Retail Store, and there were no Intel Macs. However, the new software was there and I bought iWork '06. This doesn't mean anything, I was just updating the post.:D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
rye9 said:
OK, well today I went to an Apple Retail Store, and there were no Intel Macs. However, the new software was there and I bought iWork '06. This doesn't mean anything, I was just updating the post.:D

I was at Tysons on Wednesday, and the same. Just the software. No hardware. WTH Apple????!!!!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
rye9 said:
Same at my local store. Software only. The place was packed though and not just with iPod shoppers. They seemed to be running very low on iLife 06, but plenty of iWork. Picked up the last of the iLifes on the shelf, but they had a few more at the register.

B

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
balamw said:
Same at my local store. Software only. The place was packed though and not just with iPod shoppers. They seemed to be running very low on iLife 06, but plenty of iWork. Picked up the last of the iLifes on the shelf, but they had a few more at the register.

B

Staff seemed very tired of answering the same question as to where the new hardware was going to be on display. Soon was the answer.

IMO the day after the keynote, the Apple stores should have any new hardware on display. Period. It not like my camera shop that has to wait till the channel is filled. Does the Sony Style store have to wait after a major announcement?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.