Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsubikiddo

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2008
Melbourne, AUS
Sure!

So what's inside:

• drive itself
  • ribbon cable
  • screwdriver
  • another screwdriver + 8 screws for external case
  • external runcore case for a 1.8" drive
  • USB to mini-USB cable

The external case is not the nicest thing on earth, but well you can put a drive inside (perfectly for your old hdd that you've got after installing the runcore ssd)

the screws are like some woodscrews, they are ultra-mini, i don't think you can use them again, but the case is just a little goodie.

There was no software in the package, although installation instructions said "use the software blabla".

Installation was very easy.

I didn't use the screwdriver that was in the package, because i've got some better tools in my house, but i think it will do the job.

Just unscrew all the screws on the bottom and then just the 4 fixing the disk-array. One is a bit hidden under a black piece of plastic, that is glued onto the array, so you have to remove this one.

Drive back in, no problems at all.

I'm not that focused right now, just ask some questions and I'll answer them.

Great, thx teamoo
that's all the clarification I need.

I have opened my MBA before and
I am more concern whether the supplied screwdrivers are sufficient/effective enough to remove the 'micro-'screws
these mini screws are really difficult ones if the tools aren't right!

Enjoy the new found SuperSpeed!:D

larrymd

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2009
Battery life and SSDs

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered or if I'm in the wrong place, but I'm thinking of getting a new MBA with SSD. Is there a battery life advantage compared to the HDD?

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Please give us another shot

old news,

the runcore has been out for a bit, i purchased one and it did not work out of the package. sent it back.

company sucks

if you go to runcore's site they offer them for rev a up to 128gb.

MacModMachine, we worked very hard to fix those issues as you can see here. http://tinyurl.com/yexafkk

Give us another chance. I am so confident in the new drives that I will send you a new drive at no cost to you with a return envelope. If you don't like it send it back if you do then we can charge your card for it.

There is nothing to lose. We worked really hard on fixing the drives.

The problem ended up being a JMicron SATA to PATA bridge chip and we have since changed them out for another model bridge chip.

Where did you order it from?

If from MDD or RuncoreStore then we should have your info on file just PM me with your real name and I should be able to find the info on your order and simply reproduce it in our system.

Matt Dawson CMO
http://www.Runcore.com
http://twitter.com/RunCore

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
MacModMachine, we worked very hard to fix those issues as you can see here. http://tinyurl.com/yexafkk

Give us another chance. I am so confident in the new drives that I will send you a new drive at no cost to you with a return envelope. If you don't like it send it back if you do then we can charge your card for it.

There is nothing to loose. We worked really hard on fixing the drives.

The problem ended up being a JMicron SATA to PATA bridge chip and we have since changed them out for another model bridge chip.

Where did you order it from?

If from MDD or RuncoreStore then we should have your info on file just PM me with your real name and I should be able to find the info on your order and simply reproduce it in our system.

Matt Dawson CMO
http://www.Runcore.com
http://twitter.com/RunCore

Well done, Sir. How can we trust a company when their representatives make typos when begging customers to give them another chance!... This unprofessional behavior is why I picked up the original Samsung SLC 64gb SSD for my Rev. A to replace the 80gb HDD. I simply do not trust these small manufacturers, especially when their personnel show a lack of attention to detail. How do I know that the same shoddy effort was not exerted in the production of the drive?

grinny11

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
It is an easy grammar mistake. Runcore is in the business of hard drives. They aren't an editing company. I think it is a good idea that they are trying to make the situation right and that they look to the forums to see what real people are saying about their product. Most companies just ignore us type of users.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
Well done, Sir. How can we trust a company when their representatives make typos when begging customers to give them another chance!... This unprofessional behavior is why I picked up the original Samsung SLC 64gb SSD for my Rev. A to replace the 80gb HDD. I simply do not trust these small manufacturers, especially when their personnel show a lack of attention to detail. How do I know that the same shoddy effort was not exerted in the production of the drive?
No offence intended whatsoever dude, but the allusion here of an association made between the guy's typo and notions of trust and a company's professional behavior is slightly fanciful and bordering on psychotic in quality.

And not to talk of the explicit presumption of small manufacturers being somehow inherently untrustworthy (in fact the very converse argument can reasonably be made by any corporate lawyer worth their weight).

Runcore

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009

coast1ja, Any start-up will have issues it is a given. I think we handled it in a very good way and the customers who gave us the good feedback and took delivery of their new drive are now very happy. Early adopters sometimes get imperfect products and Runcore for one stands buy them and makes it pay off.

I am not sure where we dropped the ball with MacModMachine but I am very sorry we did and I personally want to make it up to him.

Our goal was to open a niche market and produce a product for you guys that would absolutely change the way you use your MBA and make it so fast that you will not believe it is an MBA. I highly doubt Intel or Samsung or anyone of that caliber is going to go through that process anytime soon. Zif PATA SSD and HDD's are out of date. They all have their eyes set on the next thing around the corner and defiantly not Zif SSD or the MBA.

Matt

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
It is an easy grammar mistake. Runcore is in the business of hard drives. They aren't an editing company. I think it is a good idea that they are trying to make the situation right and that they look to the forums to see what real people are saying about their product. Most companies just ignore us type of users.

I second that! I applaud a company that has a rep monitor user forums and tries to make things right! A misspelled word is no way to judge anyone, including a company. But products and services is the ONLY way to judge a company.

Jiten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008

If I follow your way of thinking I'll probably stop buying Japanese, Chinese and Korean manufactured products because their brochures are in Engrish.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
It is funny when a native English speaker makes fun of bilingual/trilingual people when he/she cannot speak anything more than his/her mother tongue language. At least the other guy speaks more languages than you do so you better have some respect for him/her duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude and stop being a looooooooooooooooooser. ;););)

So far, Runcore has really proven that they are a major player in the SSD business and you can check the top selling charts and you would see for yourself based on their reputation and quality not just production and sales.

caonimadebi

macrumors regular
May 7, 2009

How can I have any respect for your comment when you can't even differentiate between singular and plural forms of the modifying possessive pronoun, not to mention the poor sentence structure and the dubious punctuation use?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.