Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Nice find! That one is deffinately new, I'm glad that Apple didn't just make a couple and run them a bunch of times. It shows that there are more Mac users than people think.

P-Worm

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Man, that one got on the air quick! I just saw it air during "ER". I think I've only seen 5 different people. I've yet to see any of the celebrity ones air in my area.

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by RBMaraman
I've yet to see any of the celebrity ones air in my area.

I see Tony Hawk all the time on Sundays (football). Other than that, I haven't seen the other two guys yet.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I always see the 'Christmas' lady. She has the best one I think.
It is the kind of ad that would make me want to switch. If I was
an avid Tony Hawk fan, then I would probably switch too, but
that is just because he is a celebrity. The lady who saved christmas
had a good story, with a good 'punchline' at the end.

(Her name is Janie Porshe btw [I think])

gairloch

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2002
Montréal
The best one yet!

IMHO, this is the best ad so far. I when Miss Porche came out I was most impressed and I would put the two at the same level.

What is it that I like? Genuineness. The most real, most convincing, most connected of the switch ads are those in which the speakers come across as the authors of the material (which, as I understand, is true of all of these ads). My point is that some of them look coached; but, some of these folks really come across as being genuine. I like that.

Oh, and here in Korea, we don't see those ads on TV. It's a shame that the ads are mostly shown in places where Apple already sells a lot of computers. Many people here in Korea know of MacIntosh computers, and they have the same stigmas (no programs, only for graphic designers, blah, blah, it's not Window$, blah, blah) - some, in fact, any advertising would be welcome.

A girl won't marry you if you don't ask her.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.