Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Can anybody with Tiger (legally of course) post the new Aqua desktop background on here? I've been dying to get a hold of it and can't wait until the 29th to get my copy. Cheers.

JDOG_

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Oakland
Wow, thanks for the quick response. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a bundle! Now it's time to fool my roommate :) Muh hahahah...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
edesignuk said:
This is it. Not sure it actually looks any different from the Panther one?

Yes, it looks different from the Panther desktop. The colors are the same, just a different design. I am currently using the Panther on my PM G4. This has a more elegant look. :cool:

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
The OS X 10.0/10.1 "Puma":

Classic%20Aqua%20Blue.jpg

The OS X 10.2 "Jaguar" (My Favorite):

Aqua%20Blue%20New.jpg

The OS X 10.3 "Panther" (At a small, thumbnail size):

aaj.thumb.jpg

You can see how each has evolved, from the ugly 10.0/10.1 wallpaper which looks like OS 9-style, to the 3D Jaguar lines, to the swift tints of blue in Panther, to the "budding-flower" style of Tiger...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Wow. I didn't realize how ugly the Puma desktop wallpaper looked like. I think the Tiger desktop is the most gorgeous of all of them. It looks very powerful, with the angular lines reminiscent of the current PM form factor.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2005
Lacero said:
Wow. I didn't realize how ugly the Puma desktop wallpaper looked like. I think the Tiger desktop is the most gorgeous of all of them. It looks very powerful, with the angular lines reminiscent of the current PM form factor.

Yep, it was nasty...

I actually like Microsoft's Bliss wallpaper better than all of the OS X ones... but I'm sick of Bliss at the moment... but there are a lot of Mac users with Bliss or LHBliss (the weird bliss, darker color, etc.)

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
I actually like all three of them, including the Puma one. Although in the upper right and lower right of it part of the design looks like the flag of the Windows logo (where the four corners meet), but it's ok nonetheless, IMO. Out of all of them it seems like the Jaguar one stands out in design style, which doesn't make it bad or good, just different by the "glowing" curves lines.

ldburroughs

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
They all look pretty much the same. I think it's funny how someone hates an earlier version when the later looks so similar. At first I thought it was a joke. Now, I'm starting to think you all are serious about which one you like more than the others. It's sort of like a difference without a distinction.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
i downloaded a zip package with all the new tiger wallpapers, then got the tiger aqua and tiger aqua graphite and put them in the desktop background folder, but renamed them to the names of the panther aqua ones, then named the panther aqua ones "panther aqua blue/graphite." now my system boots with the tiger background behind the login window and has tiger aqua as the default background. now all i need is tiger...but yeah, tiger aqua background pwnz0rs panther. jaguar's just ugly imo and i really can't tell the difference between puma and panther :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.