Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
MY HARDWARE:
Lenovo-Motorola Moto G4 Play smartphone, 2 GB RAM, running Android 6, Google Docs, Drive, etc.
Apple iMac (late-2013) Core i5 2.9 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, running MacOS 10.12 Sierra and iPhoto 9.6.1
Canon EOS Digital Rebel T3 SLR

I just started using Instagram on my (less expensive) Android smartphone.

Sometimes I scan-in old photos and other documents. Sometimes I take photos with my Canon SLR.

I cannot figure out how to take images that are not smartphone photos and bring them into Google Photos, Instagram or Google Contacts (so I can take an image and associate it with a contact).

I especially want to be able to take an SLR photo or scanned image and be able to place it in Instagram.

I am mystified at how to do this. I have my Gmail account set up on the Moto, but e-mailing an image to myself does not help. I can't do anything with it on the smartphone.

What can I do?

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
AFAIK you can only upload from a mobile device to Instagram. There are plug ins for the likes of. Lightroom but they break frequently when any of the components are updated etc.

The way I do it is I upload to Flickr which is where I keep my least crap images. Then on my phone I goto flickr app and export to Instagram from there.

I then have a text file.on my drop box account with usual hashtags I use and I copy and paste them in from there.

I would be open to other advice on making this smoother too.

Maybe Google Drive has that export or share functionality to put it in Instagram?

Wingsley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2014
Maybe Google Drive has that export or share functionality to put it in Instagram?

I know that if you can find a way to get it into Google Photos, you can move it from there onto Instagram...

Reactions: kenoh
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.