Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
Hi guys and gals! iPhone/ipad user for many many years. I got a m2 Mac mini for Xmas and love it.
The only issue I have, is with a game I play. I’m using a 3rd party mouse and keyboard. The game is only available via the App Store (it’s the iPad version).
To zoom in and out, you have to use the scroll wheel…and it’s absolutely terrible. It seems like it zooms out one click at a time, but yet the scroll wheel works perfect on webpages ect.
Is this just because the game is optimized for iPad/iPhone and not a Mac….or is there something I’m missing? I’ve googled, watched videos, ect. No matter what the zoom in and out with the scroll wheel is absolutely useless.

Ben J.

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2019
Oslo
Is this just because the game is optimized for iPad/iPhone and not a Mac….
I'm afraid that might well be the problem. I was excited when macOS came with the ability to run IOS apps (because of the ARM M processors), but equally disapointed when I found that most of the apps I tried were practically unusable, mostly because they were designed for small touch screens. I haven't tried it much since. Very often apps in the App Store say when they're not designed/meant for macOS, even though they might work.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.