Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
Just purchased a MacBook A 1181. This Mac was built in 2006, however it has OS x10.6.8 which was relased Sept 2009. App. it has been upgraded. Anything you can tell me about this Mac I would appreciate it, I'm new to Mac. I have been stumbling aroung in Microsoft XP for years and am tired of Microsoft. So, with this used Mac I hope to regain my composure for the computers. If what I hear, I'm heading in the right direction.

Last edited:

minifridge1138

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Congratulations on the new (to you) computer.

If you have any questions about it or how to use it, then just ask here in the forums (or search the forums to see if the same question has already been asked and answered).

The more you ask, the more you know.

Good luck!

minisuds7

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
The U.P. of Michigan
http://macs.about.com/od/switchersnewusers/Windows_Switchers_and_New_Mac_Users.htm

This page contains quite a few articles about switching to and getting a handle on Mac OS X. But honestly when I switched back in 2007 I felt like I was comfortable with it in about 2-3 weeks. It's actually really easy to learn once you use it a bit and is quite intuitive. I've never looked back and I will never be on a computer without OS X again (unless OS XI comes out :p) :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.