Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iag48

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Can I take my Macbook and ask to have the top case replaced? What's the estimate of the cost? And would they replace with a black case(more $ obviously)?

I only ask because my macbook is getting a lot of scratches and I would like to replace the top case once a year. Would be cool if they would replace with the black macbook top case.

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada
Can I take my Macbook and ask to have the top case replaced? What's the estimate of the cost? And would they replace with a black case(more $ obviously)?

I only ask because my macbook is getting a lot of scratches and I would like to replace the top case once a year. Would be cool if they would replace with the black macbook top case.

I think that from mac they are in the 200 dollar range, though you can often find them new on ebay more reasonably.

TygerMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2008
New Hampshire
Just a suggestion, but for my G4 iBook, I used the see through book covering for student books. It was like $2 a roll and it worked perfectly for the top part of the case. I just got my White MacBook, and I didn't even think of the discoloration thing...should I upgrade to the BlackBook?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.