Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jswan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
new phone web app: http://www.rssya.com

i built this iPhone web-app in an afternoon with a couple goals in mind:

1 type notes and documents on the iphone in landscape view

2 save , view, edit text on the web

3 file documents in folders

please check out http://www.rssya.com and let me know if you have any feedback

enjoy

I think it will be useful for people who just upgraded to 1.1.1 and still wanna do mobile text edit type stuff. this app is still pretty beta, but it works very well on my iphone.

jswan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
photos

here are some photos of the neato interface. please note this site isn't made by a company, just a bored php geek with a desire to type docs on my iphone.:)

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    69.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 120

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I am going to try it out now... I hope more and more developers start doing some more web apps, at least until apple releases their SDK.

jswan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
iphone web docs

yes please try it out and let me know what you think.

thanks for your reply.
i was starting to wonder if i posted this in the right place...

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Not too bad... I like the idea, however the only issue with anything in landscape mode is the fact that the keyboard takes up almost the whole screen. Because of this you can barely see what you have written. I think that is why they have not come out with SMS in landscape mode yet.

Overall though, like I said, I like the idea and it is cool you can add folders for different documents. I don't know why web apps have been suffering so much lately (meaning not too many being developed). Personally the only thing that I dont like about web apps is having to log in/register all the time. It is just so much easier having native apps that know who you are I guess...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.