Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheGreatWumpus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Vermont

Just wanted to give a shout out to my new youtube series about weekly Mac gaming news. I aim to release this every Friday evening, though it may bleed over into Saturday morning sometimes. Lots of fun news and nuggest of info around for Mac gamers these days, so wanted to compile them in an easily digestible format.

I plan to add some more sections, such as rumors (Steam DB stuff, etc) and perhaps shoutouts to notable Kickstarter projects or similar things like the Secret History of Mac gaming project. Lastly, I'm keeping an eye on neat threads around IMG, Macrumors and Reddit that may be of interest to highlight.

Any feedback is welcome! Offhand I know some of the audio could be tuned up, and I will look to do this in future releases.

Game on!

Last edited:

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Good stuff!
More Mac games out there than people know!
Shout it out!

2 that need reviews is WarThunder, and one almost unknown but a fan of hard core gamers, BattleGround Europe.

World War II: BattleGround Europe has been around for over 15 years, and it shows in a few of the games vehicles looking more like Minecraft than a FPS.

Why should it be even reviewed?
  • It may still be the largest continuous game map of all (see link above).
  • Offers true combined Infantry, Land, Sea, Air combat which is very rare.
  • Free to download and offline explore (850mb).
  • Free 2 Play with simple subscription to use more units.
  • Easy to learn, difficult to master.
  • Team play is key and highly encouraged, but lone-wolfs can have fun too.
  • Very low system requirements, even 9 year old Mac's can run it.
  • (Independent of steam, not on it either but is Greenlighted)

By your ranks it is a solid 3, up to 3.5, the old graphics do impact the score.

Last edited:

Washac

macrumors 68030
Jul 2, 2006
Very good but everything is steam steam steam steam.

Please devs and sofftware people there are lots of buyers for your games outside of steam/drm free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.