Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I picked up a new white HomePod during the routine $200 Best Buy sale and noticed a dark spot on one side near the bottom. I can’t tell if the fabrics itself is darkened or if there is something behind the fabric. Does anyone else notice this and is it normal? It’s not a huge deal but if it’s a cosmetic problem I’d rather exchange it. I can’t quite capture it in a photo for some reason.

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I picked up a new white HomePod during the routine $200 Best Buy sale and noticed a dark spot on one side near the bottom. I can’t tell if the fabrics itself is darkened or if there is something behind the fabric. Does anyone else notice this and is it normal? It’s not a huge deal but if it’s a cosmetic problem I’d rather exchange it. I can’t quite capture it in a photo for some reason.

Mine does not have that. I’d take it back. Might be more than just cosmetic.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I noticed some vertical discolored streaks in my space gray HomePods that were tough to capture in photo and only visible in certain lighting. It appears to be behind the fabric and I was informed that it’s the glue that holds the fabric. Wonder if that’s what you’re seeing.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
Thanks for the replies! I ended up exchanging it for another one and no spot this time.

It‘s great btw — I didn’t expect to like it so much.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.