Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaioshade

macrumors regular
Nov 24, 2010
I just tried mine. The controller is recognized in Steam, but the buttons aremixed up, dpad and the guide button do not work, only analog. So if Valve could work on it, it would be a viable alternate controller. I wish Retroarch or SDLMame worked with it better. I need something better than OpenEmu.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Thanks for chiming in. That's unfortunate - basically the same situation as with a Dualshock 4. Some games work with it because they have specifically built in support for the DS4, but universal support built right into Steam would be so much better.

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Came here looking for info on this. I just tried in home streaming from my monster gaming rig (6700k+GTX1080) to my little 12" rMB and I was blown away. Being able to play Doom on Nightmare or Witcher 3 all on Ultra at 60FPS and have be smooth and responsive was incredible. Even more incredible is the laptop didn't become hot and was quite happy running on battery. But using the trackpad sucks outside of Civ, so I need to use some sort of bluetooth controller and wondered if this new one would work as I currently have the standard XBO controller for my Steam Link and PC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.