Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buckman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
I finally got this working but the problem is that its real slow on the "guest" machine?

I use the Mac Pro as a Master (leopard) and linked a G5 tower (Tiger) to share..

I have 2 screens linked to the Mac Pro so in screen share could I have 2 screens on the slave machine (G5)? as i dont think it sees the 2nd screen when im on the screen share?

I want to use 2 screens on the G5 Tiger machine then switch back to 2 screens on the Mac Pro Loepard machine - is that possible??

The mouse when on the G5 (through the Mac Pro) is very jumpy and slow and some of the screen is redrawn badly - is this normal?

Am i doing this screen share via internet by mistake as its jumpy/sluggish? or is this normal? -

I have hard-wired network cables into both via a Netgear Router that also gives me the internet.. These are sitting side by side so can physically use a LAN / Network cable between them...

How can i tell if this is sharing via the internet instead of via a hard-wired network?? My broadband isnt that fast but i heard that hard-wiring is 100mbps so should be quick?

Any suggestions? as it works well but is unuseable in its current slow state?

Are there any 3rd party programs that do this better than the built in Apple Screen Share?

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.