Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zachiedoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
S QC
I've searched for tips on how to refine my searches, but found nothing. Is there a way to format searches so I only get results that include ALL keywords, not just ANY? I've tried a couple things but I'm not succeeding.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
Sometimes using an internet search engine works, such as google.

The advance search on MR has more options as well.

zachiedoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
S QC
What I'm looking for specifically is the correct operator/format for 'and' used by these forums' search.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
"refine my searches" near "get results" site:forums.macrumors.com

I use this custom Google search of MacRumors for that type of query. Works much better than the somewhat limiting built in forum search.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 8.45.29 AM.png

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What I'm looking for specifically is the correct operator/format for 'and' used by these forums' search.
For forum searches where you want a finer level of control, click on the search icon, select advanced search. From there you have a number of options, I prefer the Search Threads tab, but pick one that best matches your needs

From there you can select what you want, when it was posted, what forums, and/or what prefixes. You can omit older posts or newer posts using the newer and older options shown below.

1669223546055.png

zachiedoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 3, 2022
S QC
For forum searches where you want a finer level of control, click on the search icon, select advanced search. From there you have a number of options, I prefer the Search Threads tab, but pick one that best matches your needs

From there you can select what you want, when it was posted, what forums, and/or what prefixes. You can omit older posts or newer posts using the newer and older options shown below.

View attachment 2117702
I was aware of the Advanced search, but I wasn't getting any closer to my goal using it. But thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.