Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fdmendez

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
iPod Touch/iPhone hacking FAQ list

From the article:

"You have an iPhone or iPod Touch. You’d like to hack it, but you’re not sure where to start. You’re not sure what’ll work with your computer, your device, and what won’t. Is Apple OK with this? Is it illegal? Will apple release a third party program system? After this FAQ list, you’ll be able to make a final decision on how to hack your unit or whether or not you’ll hack it at all."

818freddy

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2007
i already hacked my ipod.
i want to know how to arrange the apps and install new themes?

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Simple. Go and find iOrder and download it. Its a GUI Application that helps you rearrange your icons for you. And to install themes, search for "Summerboard" in this forum and just follow the simple steps.

triela

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2007
I just hacked but now I only have 300mb of space on it and 56 mb available... where did the 16gb go??????????? This is a must fix

This is a "must search."

If you used iNdependence to get SSH on your iPod, the fix is here: http://code.google.com/p/independence/downloads/list.

Otherwise, look through the iJailbreak or touchFree threads. If you have the time to jailbreak, you certainly have the time to search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.