Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack Hennety

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
I'm using the free trial of Apple News+ (I'm in the UK). Of all the magazines, the one that most interests me most is Auto Express and yet that is the only one that gives me a problem.

On my Mac (mini, M2 Pro), attempting to turn the page in that magazine only gives me the beachball. Sometimes the hang will clear after a minute; sometimes I have to force quit the app completely.

Makes no difference whether I download the issue or not. Works fine on iPhone and iPad. Only Mac is the problem, only Auto Express is the problem.

14.4. Have rebooted, have tried Safe Mode, have even reinstalled the OS (not completely clean, but a reinstall nonetheless).

Anyone suggest anything to try?

forzagaribaldi

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2008
London, UK
Haven't got a suggestion unfortunately but I just tried on my M1 MacBook Air (running 14.4 too) and it works perfectly for me. Tried a couple of issues, fullscreen, etc and paging is very smooth.

I do find that News+ on Mac tends to really grab a lot of memory if left open when not in use but that's clearly not your issue.

Not very useful probably but just to flag that it doesn't look like a general issue. Good luck figuring it out!

Jack Hennety

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2018
Thanks for giving it a go yourself, very useful for troubleshooting whether it’s just me, and sounds like maybe it is.

Reactions: forzagaribaldi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.