Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ken1222

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Havre de Grace, Md
Paying $9.99/ month for aggravation. News+ does not properly synch across my iMac, iPad Pro, and iPhone (all running the latest sw). Delete a magazine from "My Magazines" on the iMac (or any of the devices) and it's still there on the others. None are downloaded, just read and then deleted.

Recently only had 2 issues left in "My Magazines" on the iMac. Then cleared News history on the iPhone, and magically, 77 new issues appeared on the iMac, ALL of which I had previously read and deleted. WTF ???

So I deleted the 77 issues (again), restarted the iMac, and they all reappeared. What is going on with this app?

I call Apple support and NO ONE can help me because Apple doesn't train any of their staff on News+....it's the forgotten service that Apple could care less about.

Does anyone have any explanations for this screwy behavior of this POS app?

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
So I’ve never checked the news app on my Mac, just logged in for the first time and it wasn’t syncing anything from my other devices.

Double check that News syncing is turned on in System Preferences > iCloud

Ken1222

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Havre de Grace, Md
News synching is enabled on all my devices. Just checked "saved stories" and "history"... different on iPad when compared to iMac. That is not supposed to happen...that's the point of iCloud, not device unique.
It just doesn't work and I truly believe Apple could care less because News+ is probably not doing well subscriber-wise. I have asked Apple support (and supervisors) several times about this and they are all clueless...again, because Apple just doesn't care about this. Now if it was AppleTV+ that would be a different story

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Did you try turning the sync off and then on again in System preferences on your Mac?

What Mac OS are you using? Saved stories and history is not an option on the latest OS:

iCloud Options.png

This issue sounds unique to your setup, so there must be a logical reason why it's not syncing.

Let's try and get this fixed!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.