Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clonetrooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2021
England
I have started using news+ for my magazines rather than Readly as it’s bundled in with my plan. One frustration from coming from Readly is I can’t find how I bookmark pages for later reference. This doesn’t seem to be possible?

Any tips other than screen shotting the page!

Clonetrooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2021
England
There's a bookmark option at the top left of every article screen.
I can't see that in magazines. I fi go to read for example Mac Format magazine on my iPad there is nowhere to bookmark a page of that magazine. If I read an article on Mac rumours, yes top left I can bookmark that article. I cannot see anyway to do that with magazines I follow or download.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
I can't see that in magazines. I fi go to read for example Mac Format magazine on my iPad there is nowhere to bookmark a page of that magazine. If I read an article on Mac rumours, yes top left I can bookmark that article. I cannot see anyway to do that with magazines I follow or download.

The bookmark icon is there in Apple News+ when reading on the Mac. Even in the magazine articles, it's there.

The lack of consistency between interfaces is appalling. Apple should be ashamed.

Reactions: Clonetrooper

Clonetrooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2021
England
The bookmark icon is there in Apple News+ when reading on the Mac. Even in the magazine articles, it's there.

The lack of consistency between interfaces is appalling. Apple should be ashamed.
It strange I just checked on the Mac and I cannot see it there either, I do agree it's a hot mess. The magazines I have aren't even synching across Mac and iPad. I might have to go back to readly which is a shame as I thought this would save me money.

I see this on Mac:
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 12.48.34.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.